Location: Manheim, PA
Application: Field Hockey & Multisport Dome
Size: 220’ W x 370’ L (81,400 sq. ft.)
- Triple Wall Insulation
- Translucent skylight system
- Large, clear-span space
- Construct an energy-efficient, state-of-the-art facility to provide indoor space for field hockey including the unique water-based nature of the special turf used in field hockey.
- Project completion required a tight timeline to be ready for the upcoming indoor season.
- Arizon designed, manufactured & installed the 81,400 sq. ft. open-span facility, which features an open turf area for recreational activities and bleachers.
- To conserve energy and off-set operating costs, the dome includes a center skylight system, premium insulation and a high efficiency HVAC system.
- A low-bias cable system maximizes safety during inclement weather and will prolong the lifespan of the facility.
- Arizon provided the state-of-the-art air-rotation system capable of dealing with the extreme moisture in the air caused by the water-based special turf.
- The U.S. Women’s Field Hockey team was able to move their National Training Center to the Spooky Nook facility in time for their indoor season.
- This cost effective facility solution adds tremendous value to the overall Spooky Nook business, which is known as the largest indoor sports facility in North America.
- Arizon was able to provide Spooky Nook with the 81,400 sq. ft. building on time and on budget.